Heir is back!
The record breaking tournament series is back for it's fifth instalment.
A four day residential event with a legendary reputation.
Book Accommodation Now
(Remaining rooms located on City Campus, in Leicester City Centre, a short drive to the Heir venue)
Gilbert Murray Hall
Leicester Conferences, University of Leicester, 18 Manor Rd, Oadby, Leicester LE2 2LH, UK
Our new home is located in the city of Leicester - 30 miles south of our old home in Nottingham. Sole occupancy bedrooms are available with shared bathrooms, and kitchen/lounge areas with electric ovens, fridges and freezers.
We have 557 rooms at Oadby Village, closest to the gaming areas, with more rooms on Campus in Leicester city centre, a short drive to the venue. Rooms at Oadby Village will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.
" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen>
Friendly Fire: ON
Master Hand is banned
Wobbling is allowed up to 300%
Stalling with Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound
or Peach’s Wall Bomber is banned
DSR is in effect
Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
Pokémon Stadium (doubles only)
Pokémon Stadium (singles only)
- No refusal to play on certain setups barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TOs.
- All disqualifications due to tardiness will be complete DQs, meaning the disqualified player will be removed from both winners and losers bracket.
- The TOs reserves the right to settle any unforeseen situations that may occur, and their judgment is final. In extreme situations, rules may be altered between phases of a tournament in the best interests of the event.
Terms and Conditions
Admission, Tickets and Refunds
- By purchasing your ticket for Heir 5 and agreeing to the terms and conditions via the electronic signature you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You will be emailed a confirmation of your purchase and an event handbook with these terms included.
- In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all guests Team Heir and Leicester University reserve the right to refuse admission.
- Event tickets are non-refundable, unless the event is cancelled. In the event of cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded not including booking fee. In this instance please contact email@example.com to process refund; stating the full name on the PayPal account used for your booking as well as email address.
- You must present yourself to reception to check in for the event. On doing so you will receive an event lanyard. Event lanyards must be worn throughout the event to access gaming and social areas. Staff will refuse entry to these areas if these are not worn. This is a security and safeguarding precaution.
- Team Heir and Leicester University licence will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at the event including damage, theft or losses to property and motor vehicles.
- Lanyards removed from, tampered with, lost or missing will be rendered invalid and will not be replaced.
- Any attendees who arrive outside advertised check- in times may be required to wait before being allowed entry. Such wait times will vary, especially during busy periods.
- Specific elements of Heir 5 are for over 18s only. This includes bar areas and pub quiz.
- Challenge 25 operates on all bars. If you have purchased a ticket and are fortunate enough to look under the age of the 25, you will be required to provide ID that proves your age. If you cannot provide ID that is valid you will be unable to buy age-restricted products at the bars.
- Accepted ID includes; photographic driving license, proof of age card with PASS hologram or a passport. Photocopies, or IDs shown on your phone, will not be accepted.
- Children between the ages of 14- 16 must provide guardian information to Team Heir in order to access event spaces. Please contact Team Heir on firstname.lastname@example.org. While we do not expect older children and teenagers to be with their parent or guardian at all times, we do expect them to know the location of their adult, and have means of contacting them, or agreed meeting points. The guardian is responsible at all times for minors, failure to monitor the behaviour and activities of those in their care will result in eviction from Heir 5.
- Heir 5 does not allow under 14s. If you have purchased a ticket and are underage please contact email@example.com for a full refund.
- The schedule may be subject to change at any time without notice.
- Strictly no trading or other commercial activity, by any Heir 5 attendee, will be allowed at the event without the organiser’s prior written consent.
- Team Heir accepts no responsibility for goods or services purchased from third party traders.
- Rubbish and other unwanted items must be disposed of using the bins and recycling points provided.
- The burning of plastics, bedding, furniture is not permitted anywhere across the venue and could result in criminal charges being brought against anyone caught doing so.
- Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and anyone found acting in such a way will be immediately ejected without refund.
- Strictly no animals (with the exception of Assistance Dogs) will be allowed on the site.
- Some elements of our events uses PA systems and lighting effects. If you have any specific questions relating to your requirements, please contact us.
- All items lost while at one of our events will be handed to Heir 5 reception.
- Cigarettes and e-cigarettes cannot be used in public spaces.
- We ask that you refer to the venue website or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any support in relation to carers, accessibility or other specific disability support.
- Accommodation, as bought through teamheir.com, is operated by the venue.
- No refunds are available. Names assigned to bedrooms can be amended upon request.
- During registration check in attendees will be signposted to the appropriate receptions in which they are accommodation to collect their bedroom keys. On check in guests must ensure they are fully aware of the PayPal name and email address used to purchase the accommodation (including name changes on the room) in order to collect their room keys.
- Room keys must be returned to the building reception in which they were collected from. Failure to do so will levy a fine for key replacement against those individuals.
- Rooms to be left by 09.30 am on the day of departure.
- Guests are to make themselves aware of the fire procedures and assembly points for the building they are resident in.
- All rooms are sole occupancy only. Anyone found staying in rooms over this limit will be ejected from the site.
- Rooms are either en-suite or shared bathroom facilities. Rooms are sold as part self-catering – guests have access to a kitchen/small lounge area usually shared with four to five other guests. Normal kitchen appliances will be present but guests will need to provide their own cooking utensils and cutlery.
- Cost of rooms include; sole occupancy room per night with a single bed, access to en-suite or shared bathroom facilities, shared kitchen and lounge, customer support, administration fees and processing payment fees.
- Legitimate couples may contact Team Heir on social media channels or email@example.com for the use of couple rooms. These rooms are provided by the university at a discounted rate and maybe in the form of a large room with two single beds (a twin) or two single rooms located nearby with two single beds. Discretion is given to couples if they wish to move furniture between rooms – however it is the duty of the guests to return these to their original position.
- All attendees staying in on site accommodation must read the Event Handbook (emailed) and Guest Information Booklet (located in room on arrival).
- Guests are liable for the cost and repair to any damage, accidental or not, to rooms.
- All terms and conditions are applicable to accommodation including security and safety as outlined below. Overnight guests not adhering to this can be ejected by Team Heir or venue staff.
Security and Safety
- If you are found to be in possession of any prohibited items, these shall be confiscated and you must immediately leave the venue and not be permitted entry to the event.
- Security as the right to conduct searches at all times during an event as part of our security procedures. You may be body/bag searched at the gates, onsite or when leaving.
- Team Heir has a No Drugs Policy, and will strictly enforce our zero tolerance policy. Anyone caught in possession of such substances, having refused the opportunity to destroy or dispose of them under our supervision, will be ejected immediately from the event site.
- Drunken, disorderly, or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated by Team Heir staff or venue staff; and may result in being ejected from the event site. Please drink responsibly.
- Additional prohibited items include; knives (including locking knives), sound systems amplified outdoors in public spaces, fireworks, explosives, BBQs, smoke and gas canisters, air horns, flares, any weapons or items we believe in our sole discretion to capable of injuring others, laser devices, drones and unmanned aerial vehicles, sky lanterns. Team Heir and the venue staff, reserve the right to refuse entry or evict all persons found in possession of prohibited items.
- Lanyards must be worn at all times whilst in event spaces (gaming halls and social spaces). Staff are trained to challenge attendees that are not.
- Accommodation wristbands to be worn whilst on site so that Team Heir and venue staff can identify clearly who should be present overnight in accommodation buildings.
- Harassment of Heir attendees (gender, race, disability etc.) will not be tolerated be it in person or on our social media platforms and may result in eviction from the event.
- Filming and Photography is allowed throughout the public site, for personal, non-commercial use on personal devices such as mobile phones, tablets and compact cameras. Such photography must be done respectfully to both your fellow attendees to the event, the event itself and the venue.
- Official media or event photographers will wear a Press/Media Pass; and no other professional or commercial filming or photography is permitted without prior consent from Team Heir. If you wish to obtain a media pass please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anyone using cameras or filming equipment (including all mobile devices) are expected to be courteous to their fellow event attendees and ask permission before taking any up-close shots. Please do not take pictures or video of children other than your own or those in your party. If it is brought to our attention that a picture or video has been or is being taken without permission or without an official press pass, you will be required to delete the material and the photographer may be evicted from the event.
- Photographs taken at our events cannot be included in any form of advertising without our specific approval.
- By entering the event you grant Team Heir permission to use your image in any publicity, marketing or promotional materials.
- As a condition of sale, the ticket holder consents to being filmed, photographed and recorded for social media purposes or by onsite CCTV cameras and recordings for safety and security purposes.
- Unless you specifically consent to our using it for other purposes, we will only process the personal data you provide when you purchase tickets for our events for the purposes of operating the event, allowing you entry to the event, and for our own internal purposes (including, but not limited to, determining improvements that can be made to our future events). Such processing will be in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, or any successor legislation that applies in the UK.
- We may refuse access and provide a partial refund if you do not comply with these terms and conditions or where after reasonable warning your behaviour represents a danger to attendees, staff or equipment – this refund represents the only compensation provided in such circumstances.
- Persons who cause any damage to the venue, our property or third party property, whether deliberate or accidental, while at the event will be liable for the cost of repair or replacement of the items.
- We don’t exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the negligence of our staff, agents or subcontractors OR for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- In the event that any part of these terms and conditions are held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provisions will be severed and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- Failure by us to enforce a right does not result in a waiver of such right. You may not assign or transfer your rights under these terms and conditions.
- English law applies to these terms and conditions and any dispute between us arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions will only be dealt with by the English courts, unless you are resident in another part of the United Kingdom, in which case the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will apply and any dispute will be brought before the courts there.
- We reserve the right to terminate your access to this site and any use of our online services at any time with or without cause or notice.
- Team Heir reserve the right to add to or amend these Terms from time to time. Amendments will take effect when posted on the official event website and social media channels. Please check social media and teamheir.com regularly for changes and to ensure you have up to date information as these are binding on you. If you purchase a ticket before or after any amendment to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the updated version of these Terms.